It is Easter time. These are our other Easter articles: The Easter Story: Do you know what Jesus did for You? and Easter – Remember, Reflect, Recognize and Reset.
Today I want to share a few prophecies with you that will show that Jesus is the Messiah.
Have you heard of the word IRREFUTABLE? For something to be irrefutable, it must be IMPOSSIBLE TO DENY OR DISPROVE.
From the following prophecies, you will see the evidence that JESUS IS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.
If you want updates of our blogs, consider subscribing to our email list!
I want to briefly look at a few prophecies that were written hundreds of years before Jesus came, that tell us about the coming Messiah… We are told that:
- The Messiah would be a descendent of Abraham (Genesis 12:1).
- Jesus fulfilled this. (Matthew 1:1-2)
- The Messiah would be a descendent of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10)
- Jesus fulfilled this. (Luke 3:23-34)
- The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2)
- Jesus fulfilled this. (Luke 2:4)
- The Bible even prophecies the time when the Messiah would be born (Daniel 9:25)
- This lines up with when Jesus was born. (Luke 2:1)
- The Messiah would be born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14)
- Jesus fulfilled this. (Luke 1:26)
- The Messiah would be an heir to David’s throne (Isaiah 9:7)
- Jesus fulfilled this. (Luke 1:32)
- When the Messiah came Jewish children would be slaughtered (Jeremiah 31:15).
- This is exactly what King Herod did to try to wipe the Messiah out (Matthew 2:16)
- When the enemy would try to wipe out the Messiah, he would flee to Egypt to escape death (Hosea 11:1).
- Jesus fulfilled this. (Matthew 2:14)
- That the Messiah would come riding on a donkey, not a warhorse, but on a lowly donkey. (Zechariah 11:12)
- Jesus did this on Palm Sunday, a week before his crucifixion. (Mark 11:1-11)
- We are even told that the Messiah would be betrayed for 30 silver coins (Zechariah 11:12)
- Jesus was betrayed by Judas, one of his disciples. Guess what he was betrayed for? Yes, you guessed it. For 30 silver coins! (Matthew 26:15)
Jesus was not even born when these prophecies were given about the coming Messiah, yet he fulfilled each one of these.
Isaiah 53 Prophecy
I want to give you a quick outline of a prophecy written 600 years before Jesus burst on the scene which clearly shows what the Messiah would face.
Isaiah 53:3-4 says, “He was despised and rejected— We turned our backs on him.”
- Jesus was despised and rejected
Isaiah 53:5 continues, “But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.”
- Jesus took the beating for our peace. He took the lashes so that we can be made whole. Jesus took the nails on the cross. Jesus once again fulfilled this prophecy.
Isaiah 53:6-8 continues, “All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all. He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. Unjustly condemned, he was led away. But he was struck down for the rebellion of my people. He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone.”
- God laid all sin on the shoulders of Jesus. On the cross, Jesus paid the full price for sin.
Even John the Baptist, when he first saw Jesus exclaimed, “Look the Lamb of God, who takes who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29)
- Jesus is the Lamb of God. He was the pure spotless lamb of God who gave his life so that we may live.
Isaiah 53:9 continues, “But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man’s grave.”
- Jesus fulfilled this too! Mark 15:42-47 tells how a rich man named Joseph of Arimathea gave up his tomb for Jesus.
Isaiah 53:10-12 continues, “But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made as an offering for sin, he will have many descendants. “When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. “And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins.”
Isaiah prophesied that the Messiah would give “his life as an offering for sin” and that he “bore the sins of many.” (Isaiah 53:10)
- Jesus did this!
Isaiah prophesied that when the Savior “sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied.” (Isaiah 53:10-11)
- This was confirmed in Hebrews 12:2 where it says that “For the joy set before him, (Jesus) he endured the cross.”
Jesus died on the cross and rose again. He conquered death. He made a way for all people, who were cut off from God because of sin, to be made right with God, through the finished work on the cross.
Because of Jesus’s finished work on the cross, we can be made righteous (right with God). Jesus is the Messiah. He is the Savior. He came to rescue us. He won the battle. He is victorious. Jesus did it all!
Jesus fulfilled all these Prophecies.
For Jesus to have fulfilled just these prophecies, written 600 years before he was even born, is outright impossible!
The prophecies I’ve mentioned are just a few of the prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. According to theologians, they are 61 prophecies that Jesus fulfilled.
Many years ago, I read a startling account by Peter Stoner, who was a Christian author and the Chairman of Mathematics at Pasadena College up until 1953.
Peter Stoner said that “if only eight of the 61 prophecies had come true in one person’s life, the odds were one in 100 quadrillion.” (10 to the power of 17)
Now put this into perspective …
A million is 1 is a with 6 zeros: 1 000,000.
A billion is 1 with 9 zeros: 1,000,000,000.
A trillion is 1 with 12 zeros: 1,000,000,000,000.
A quadrillion is 1 with 15 zeros: 1,000,000,000,000,000.
One hundred Quadrillion: 1 with 17 zeros: 1,00,000,000,000,000,000.
Peter Stoner said, if you lay out 100 quadrillion silver dollars over Texas, (which is around 700 000km²), the coins would need to be stacked 2 feet deep. In SA (which is just over 1,2 million km²) you would be able to stack R1 coins,1 foot deep.
Peter Stoner stated that if you then marked one coin and mixed all the coins thoroughly, you will need to spread the coins 2 feet deep over Texas, (or 1 foot deep over the entirety of South Africa) to cover the area. He said that if you then blindfolded a person and asked that person to pick that one marked coin out of anywhere in that area, the chances of this person retrieving that one marked coin is the same likelihood that the prophets had of writing 8 prophecies in their human understanding and have them all come true in one person’s life for their day until today.
It will be easier to find one small needle in all the haystacks of Noordhoek. Or it would be like winning the lotto 3 weeks in a row. It is highly improbable, basically impossible!
The prophets of the Old Testament had one chance in 100 quadrillion of having the prophecies come true. How incredible is it that all these prophecies came true in Jesus Christ?
IMPOSSIBLE – Consider the odds against Jesus fulfilling this. The evidence is clear. Jesus is the Messiah.
Even without these facts, I can tell you that Jesus is alive. He changed my life. I’ve seen God touch other people. One touch of the glory of God and your life will never be the same. I’ve seen God heal the sick. I’ve seen God deliver the oppressed. I’ve experienced the power and love of Jesus. I know he is my Savior. Do you know him?
History confirms that Jesus existed and walked the earth. Jesus made a huge impact on the world. Even a date system is based on Jesus Christ (BC and AD)!
You can look at the Bible. While critics have tried to disprove the Bible, it is known to be the most accurate manuscript in history and has stood the test of time. While the Bible includes great wisdom and answers to life’s problems, the Bible talks about …
- One master architect – GOD
- One enemy – THE DEVIL
- One problem – SIN
- One Savior – THE MESSIAH – HIS NAME IS JESUS.
- One purpose – SALVATION FOR ALL PEOPLE
Jesus fulfilled the Prophecies
Jesus fulfilled the Prophecies, confirming that He is the Messiah, the Savior of the World.
Jesus fulfilled 61 prophecies. These are almost mathematically impossible odds.
Wow, how amazing is this! The Bible even records that the Messiah would be pierced in his hands and feet, even before crucifixion was invented!
“My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on me. They have pierced my hands and feet.” (Psalms 22:16)
- And we know that Jesus was crucified on the cross for our sins (Luke 23:33)
This is exactly what happened! The evidence is clear. JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD.
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
What are you waiting for?
Why don’t you surrender your life, along with your burdens, to the Savior?
You may have messed up. You may have backslidden from God. You may be in a dark place. Sin may have tripped you up. You may be bruised, battered, and lost.
The good news is that Jesus loves you. He died on the cross and he rose from the grave making a way for all people to experience the NEW BIRTH. This is what Easter is all about.
Jesus fought the greatest battle ever fought. It was a battle over sin and death. It was a battle for the eternal souls of all people.
This Easter, you can reset your life. You can start afresh.
Repent. Turn from sin. Turn to God. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
No matter what you have done, or where you find yourself today, the good news is that you can invite Jesus to be your Lord and Savior.
If you want to start or restart your walk with God, click here to pray a simple prayer we have set up for you.
If you want to reset your life, you can call on Jesus right now …
Dear Lord Jesus, I need you. I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Enter your name and email address to get INSTANT access to these life-changing eBooks via email!